National Craft Month is nearly here and, as we announced yesterday, we have a whole month of activities, giveaways, interviews and more “to-be-announced” excitement!
This is my first blog post here on Stitch Craft Create, and I couldn’t be more excited! In addition to being an Editor for F+W Media Craft, I’m a big-time quilter, sewist and blogger. I’ve been quilting since I was a little girl, and it’s still my absolute favorite passtime. I’m so honored to connect with all of you, and I hope we can inspire and motivate each other!
So with that said, I’m thrilled to announce our Craft Month Sew-Along, featuring a project from the best-selling book, All Dolled Up by Joan Hinds.
The Craft Month Sew-Along is simple to participate in, and there’s a great prize to be won! We’ll be making this adorable doll dress together and, just so you know, I’ve NEVER sewn doll clothes before so this will be a true challenge for me!
Here’s everything you need to know:
- Click here to download the free pattern and instructions from All Dolled Up. Print a copy at 100% (no scaling).****
- Choose your favorite fabrics and embellishments, and make your own version of this adorable dress for an 18” doll.
- Submit photos to our Flickr group pool along the way to show us all how you’re coming. I’ll be sewing along with you, so check the website for updates on how my doll dress is progressing, and for any tricks I discover along the way.
- Finish your doll dress, and send me a picture of the completed dress at this email address no later than March 24th. (Entries received after March 24th will not be eligible for judging.)
- On March 26th, Joan Hinds (author of All Dolled Up) will announce one winner from the final photo submissions based on the quality of construction, the use of spring- or summer-time fabrics, and the creative quality of the final photo.
- The winner will receive a copy of All Dolled Up, a copy of the next issue of Stitch Craft Create, and a surprise selection of fabric from the Martha Pullen Store.
****If you have any problems downloading the pattern, please email me at: SCCphotosubmit@gmail.com and I’ll email you the PDF pattern directly.
|Sew-Along Guest Judge, Joan Hinds!|
Just think: By the end of March, you’ll have a great doll dress and a bunch of new friends from our Sew-Along Community!
Thanks for sewing along with me!
Kelly is proud to be an editor for F+W Craft. She’s also a quilter, blogger, sister, daughter, best friend, sewist, fabric hoarder, travel enthusiast, unpaid theatre critic, tap dancer, piano player and cupcake baker from Cincinnati, Ohio. Kelly loves all things quilted and stitchy, and enjoys sharing her creative process here and at Stitchy Quilt Stuff.