Remember those adorable Winter Bird ornaments we featured in last year’s Holiday issue? I used the same idea to create these spooky little creatures for Halloween!
To make little felt ornaments like this you’ll need:
- Wool felt (Find a variety of felt at our online store.)
- Freezer paper
- Embroidery floss
- Hand sewing needle
- First, decide on what you want your shapes to be. It can be anything you wish! (If you need help drawing a template, you can always find an image to trace from the web or from a book.)
- Use a pencil to trace two templates onto the dull side of a piece of freezer paper.
- Iron freezer-paper-pattern pieces onto wool felt, shiny side down.
- Following template lines, cut out shapes. Peel off freezer paper template.
- Using your stitch of choice and one or two strands of floss, embellish the front of your shape however you wish (like the face of the pumpkin).
- After embellishing, place two felt shapes wrong sides together and blanket stitch around edges.
- Tie a hanger using floss or ribbon.
For more creative ideas, be sure to check out the fall issue of Stitch Craft Create available on newsstands now!