Every now and then, a new designer line comes across my desk that I immediately fall in love with from top to bottom. The Tilda “Winter Memories” collection is a perfect example; I’ve always enjoyed Tilda prints and embellishments, but this one is by far my favorite so far from Norwegian designer Tone Finnanger. The combination of gray and robin’s egg blue is stunning, and the premade paper rosettes and glittered stars are a crafter’s dream. Plus, because all the prints come in both paper and fabric, I’ve got dozens of ideas for must-make projects, from sewing for myself and my daughter to great vintage-inspired paper crafts.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we created a sweet keepsake card how-to using pieces from the Winter Memories paper stack and décor set. It’s a snap to recreate using basic tools and lace scraps. Have fun playing with similar looks by mixing and layering other embellishments from the variety pack, adding scraps of trim from your stash for a one-of-a-kind touch. The possibilities are endless!
Valentine Memories Card
What you need:
- White cardstock, 6 inches x 8 inches
- Tilda birdcage print cardstock, 4 inches x 6 inches
- 2 gray Tilda paper rosettes
- 1 white Tilda paper rosette
- 1 large Tilda rose die cut
- 1 small Tilda rose die cut
- 1 small Tilda glittered star
- Three 6-inch scraps of 1-inch-wide ecru lace
- Bone folder
How to create:
- Arrange scraps of lace evenly across 4-inch x 6-inch print cardstock piece; wrap around sides and tape in place on back.
- Score white cardstock down center and fold in half to create a folded 4-inch x 6-inch card; crease fold with bone folder. Tape or glue lace-wrapped piece of print cardstock to front of card.
- Glue large and small rose die cuts in place as shown.
- Layer and glue two gray paper rosettes in place as shown.
- Layer and glue white paper rosette in place as shown.
- Layer and glue glittered star centered atop embellishments.
- Let dry and inscribe with a Valentine’s Day message.
Have fun playing with similar looks by mixing and layering other embellishments from the variety pack, adding scraps of trim from your stash for a one-of-a-kind touch. The possibilities are endless!